Modern technology has revolutionized everything, from booking flight tickets at home to establishing a business brand online in just a few steps. Everything has been changed. Technology has somehow drastically changed our lives. Many Businesses have been quick enough to adapt themselves to the changing curves.
As per statistics, there were 3.5 billion people who were smartphone users in the year 2020. According to the same report, this number is expected to go higher with the increase in technology. This figure is expected to reach around 3.8 billion people in the coming 3 years.
As more and more smartphones are getting sold, many business and brand companies have also changed how they can bring up their products to customers and market them easily with minimum efforts but maximum profit. With the increase in technology, we have seen smartphones become an essential and valuable channel for customer loyalty. Mobile brands have evolved one technology in the smartphones which has taken over some part of the browser industry which is Progressive Web App or PWA.
What are Progressive Web Applications or PWA?
You might be familiar with the term native app. Well, a native app is an application that can be downloaded directly onto the smartphone through a store(Google Play Store/iOS Store). Native apps are developed specifically for one platform and can take full use of the device’s features.
On the other hand, PWA or a Progressive Web application is any app, which cannot be downloaded directly. It can be run on any Standard-client browser which supports the web version of the application. Also, one version of the specific mobile app can run in both androids as well as windows.
Previously, native apps were considered the lowlight of perfection, but due to the lack of an immersive overall experience, it led to PWA development.
Best PWA Frameworks of 2021
To develop a PWA, you don’t need any fancy coding skills. You just need some knowledge and a Framework to start your work on. Choosing the proper framework is always the key to success. Let us ease up that task for you by listing down some of the best Frameworks which you can try for making your first Web App.
Key Benefits of React,
- The Framework helps in the creation of Scalable and Flexible applications.
- The framework’s performance is extremely smooth and Fast, thanks to Virtual- DOM(Document Object Model).
- The code which is used in making PWA can also be used to create native apps.
- Tricky implementation.
Key benefits of Angular,
- Easy implementation since the methodology is pretty straightforward.
- Support of IntelliSense and Typescript.
- Support from Google.
- You need to learn typescript
- Complex programming
Vue, the name might not be popular, but it is one of the fastest-growing popular frameworks available out there. It features one of the fastest-growing extensive libraries among all the frameworks. This framework has one of the vast libraries among all the frameworks because it has to provide high-speed performance as well as rendering along with the most straightforward coding out there.
Even in Vue, just like the react framework, you can use additional packages to scale up your application.
Key features of Vue,
- Support of Laravel and Alibaba.
- Pretty easy code for new developers to effortlessly understand it.
- It is a pretty simple framework much like Angular and the React.
- The support team is small because the Framework is owned by a single individual and not by a company.
- Flexibility issues when used.
A polymer is a framework that is developed by Google and is the open-source Framework out there. Polymer framework is the most straightforward framework and easy to understand framework because of the number of tools, web components, and templates.
- The application which you make using polymer is highly adaptable and acceptable because the tools available inside the framework are supported on a large variety of Frameworks.
- Easy to understand API.
- Full support including routing, and responsive layouts.
- The framework is not SEO-friendly.
- High reloading time with no official IDE.
Ionic was the framework introduced in 2013, which is an open-source framework with its foundations laid on Angular and Apache Cordova. It has a library of components for both the iOS and Android platforms. It develops the applications which can run on any browser using the device’s System Web View.
- Features a large community, so it is easy for developers to make applications.
- Easier maintenance.
- Open-source framework hence reduces the cost of the framework.
- You can access API without coding by using the extensive library present out there.
- You will need to re-edit your code every time with the latest update of the framework being launched.
Every framework present on the Internet has managed to deliver some convenience to developers, whether in a direct form or an indirect form.
Choosing the proper framework you need for your progressive web app can be confusing, but you should know that it is one of the most important steps towards your app-making. The right framework will help you determine whether or not your app which you created will be responsive, efficient, user-friendly, and robust or not.
Obviously, the proper framework you need can only be guessed by your app’s needs and not by the topmost framework. If you cannot code your app yourself, then hire a developer and let him choose the proper framework for your application. The only thing you should be worried about is selecting the right developer and the right framework while enjoying all the benefits that Progressive Web App brings.
Rick Boklage is working for Focus It Solution. Focus It Solutions helps businesses embrace technology and offers custom web-application services. Our developers create robust and reliable web applications for diverse industries such as healthcare, insurance, banking, manufacturing, and many more. Get in touch with him now for any assistance regarding Web Development. Follow his company, Focus It Solution on Linkedin.